Wednesday, July 3, 2013

White Flowers

Today is another scorcher. We pressure-washed the dog kennel and greenhouse slab. Now I'm tired, but here are some white colored flowering plants in our yard around this time of year:
 
These gorgeous flowers are in bloom right now on our two Moonglow Sweetbay Magnolias.
 
 
Magnolia virginiana 'Moonglow'
 
 
 
I saved seeds and planted a bunch of White Lupine around our house last fall and these are what they look like now!
 
 
Lupinus albus (I believe... please correct me if I'm wrong!)
 
 
This is Magellan Ivory Zinnia / Zinnia elegans 'Magellan Ivory'
 
 
This is a Gerbera Daisy and I got it to survive in our house over last winter! They usually can't make it outside in our climate zone...
 
 
This little annual is Riviera White Lobelia / Lobelia erinus 'Riviera White'
 
 
This plant tends to sucker, so it's in pots on our patio. But it has very lacey white panicles that are quite beautiful. It is False Spirea (Sem or Ural cultivar I think?) / Sorbaria sorbifolia ‘Sem’

 
And lastly, I found this white (with a very pretty purple center) Petunia floribunda poking out from under the pansies. Not sure what kind, as it is a volunteer from a previous year.

 

- Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment