Monday, July 29, 2013

Garden Update

I haven't shown any pictures of the vegetable garden in a while. This is partly due to how out of control the weeds are! I need to do a few days of intense work on the garden in general! But here is how some of the plants are faring...

The corn is getting really tall! Some of it is over my head...


A watermelon! This variety is Georgia Rattlesnake...


Some green beans are getting ready to be picked!


The lettuce is flowering or almost done... I want to save some seeds, but I need to let it dry out just a little more...


The snow peas are all fairly dried up. I am going to pick them and save the seeds for next year. I am hoping the success rate will be worth it.


We have ripe tomatoes! Can't remember exactly what kind this was...


Most of these ones are still green... This variety is Roma I believe.


Some of the green onions produced seed heads! Trying to save those too!


Another kind of sunflower (not the Russian Mammoth) is getting very large!


The basil is all in flower... and the bees are all over it!


The parsley is producing seed heads as well...


And we still have swiss chard, radishes, and carrots!


Tomorrow I will show what some of the volunteers we had turned out to be!


- Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment