Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Snow Pea Harvest

Today I picked the majority of the Snow Peas! There were a lot more than I was expecting. I had picked a small bowl a little over a week ago, but I went through them more thoroughly this time...
 
This is the difference between May 30 and June 18: Notice how much of the path they took over!
 

The peas exceeded the height of the trellis structures I made for them!

 
Snow Pea 'Taichung TC 11' / Pisum sativum var. saccharatum 'Taichung TC 11'

 
I picked two giant bowls (plus another half that didn't make the picture)! We are going to freeze some of them because we can't eat so many all at once.


I love eating them fresh! The flavor is good and they have a nice crunch to them that I can't get enough of. Sometimes I will dip them in hummus for a healthy, more filling snack.


- Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment